Looking for the next step in your career? We are looking to recruit a Full-Time Administrator (Monday to Friday, 8.30-5.30) for our Paintings Department based at our headquarters in Edinburgh.
The ideal applicant would be a highly organised team player based in the Edinburgh area, with auction house experience. This exciting, full-time position will assist and support the Specialists and Head of Department with occasional evenings and weekends required. Salary is based on experience.
To apply, submit a CV and covering letter to Head of Operations, Laura Henderson on email@example.com demonstrating your suitability for the role and how you meet the skills and experience.
Applications close at 5:30pm on Wednesday 6th July.
PRIMARY FUNCTION/POSITION SUMMARY
The role will incorporate a varied working environment with a rolling programme of sales including consignments enquiries, pre-and post-sale paperwork, catalogue production, physical set up and take down of the auction. Simultaneously there will be daily client communication, stock control and administrative tasks to be handled for the department.
Sale programme: Scottish Paintings & Sculpture x 2, Five Centuries x 4, Contemporary & Post-War Art//Prints & Multiples x 3, Paintings & Works on Paper x 3
Possible additional House sales/collections – 1-2 per year
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Sale related duties
- Assisting with the catalogue and online photography (producing lists which include all items to be shot; assisting photographer during photography session, as required; checking images are named correctly; uploading images to website; providing the Photographer with a list of pre-existing images)
- Lotting up sales (lotting up sales on database and renumbering, when required; physically lotting the small items and ensuring all items have correct lot tags before viewing commences)
- Sale room set up and break down (taking lotted items up to sale room and assisting with setting up; providing labels for onsite and off-site Private Views; bringing items back down to store and organising them into sold, unsold and secondary sale groupings)
- Sale online (making proofing corrections to database, as required by Head of Sale; prepping database to ensure catalogue and database match and sale has correct images; getting the sale online on various different websites)
- Sending finalised receipts, Pre-sale and post-sale
- Other administrative tasks relating to auctions: registering clients and bids, undertaking Anti-Money Laundering checks, preparing Mailboxes Etc. pre-priced shipping lists etc.
- Sale day duties (assisting with clerking and online bidding consoles)
- Responding to client calls and emails in a timely fashion (within 1/2 days of enquiry)
- Dealing with relevant department emails
- First point of contact for department
- Unpacking incoming goods, ensuring they are labelled and receipted correctly and keeping a record/check-list of what has come into L&T
- Inputting receipts for all members of the Department, ensuring signatures
- Making sure that incoming goods have values and speaking with valuers within the Department to ensure pieces are looked at in a timely fashion
- Creating and maintaining areas for ‘Incoming’, ‘Catalogued’ and ‘Outgoing’ items
- Organisation of stock
- Organising transport for incoming and outgoing goods
- Main department contact for secondary saleroom
- Shipping lists – making sure up-to-date, department point of contact for saleroom team
- Reviewing the mailing list and database on a regular basis
- Develop a working knowledge of top trade vendors and buyers