We are looking to recruit Junior Specialist, Jewellery Department (Monday to Friday, 8.30-5.30) based at our headquarters in Edinburgh.
This exciting, full-time position will assist and support our busy Jewellery department with all their auction schedule and accompanying business development events.
Occasional evenings and weekends will be required. Salary is based on experience.
For more info, full job description and to apply (by CV and covering letter) contact Laura Henderson, Head of Operations on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applicants should have an FGA or similar gemmological qualifications.
- Previous experience in an auction house jewellery department is preferable.
- The position will be Edinburgh based, though some WFH will be available when possible, and assisting the London department will also require some travel.
- Computer literate, good people skills and confidence dealing with client enquiries.
- There will be some overtime required around sale deadlines and auction dates.
- Day-to-day stock control, managing consignments, co-ordinating the movement of stock between offices, dealing with shipping enquires, logistics etc.
- Dealing with initial client correspondence, requests for valuations, managing the online enquiries inbox, jewellery repairs and various supply orders. etc.
- Helping to prepare valuations and proposals for sale where required.
- Assisting with the cataloguing items going into auction, proof reading of both Edinburgh and London sales.
- Assisting with condition reports and condition report photography for each auction.
- Assisting the photography department when auction online/print catalogues are in production.
- Setting up the saleroom ahead of the auction, lotting up the items and preparing them for viewing etc.
- Assisting with viewing in the lead up to the auction, being present at events etc.
- Uploading images and condition reports.
- Sending out pre & post sale advice.
- Dealing with sale enquires during the auction.
- Uploading the auctions to ours and various other websites.
- Assisting with phone bidding and console clerking during all auctions.
- Taking and transferring calls that come into the main phone number.