Based in our London gallery, in Connaught Village, the holder of this role will provide efficient administration - for all London sales and the company's multiple live bidding platforms - as well as exceptional client service and support.
A position in an interesting and varied environment that will require the successful candidate to be flexible, a strong team player and be especially keen on maintaining a high level of client service at all times.
To apply for this position, email your CV and cover letter to laura.Henderson@lyonandturnbull.com
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 21 June.
Reporting to the London Gallery Manager, the Client Services & Auction Administrator is responsible for the front of house function of the Lyon & Turnbull London Gallery, including auction administration, client liaison, events, exhibitions and general office housekeeping, ensuring the gallery space is kept in the best presentable manner at all times.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
General/Front of House/Reception
• Greeting clients in a welcoming manner; making teas/coffees for clients who are waiting
• Answering the phone in a polite manner
• Assisting with hanging and exhibition set up (occasional lifting of furniture and heavy works)
• Packing and unpacking art for views
• Framing/un-framing gallery displays, keeping an eye out for wear-and-tear over time
• Stock take and inventory management (on-site and off-site storage)
• Liaising with Edinburgh re: vans and delivery
• Managing shipping lists on database
• Preparation for private views and events (meeting deliveries, picking up ice, etc.)
• Working private views and events such as valuation days (outside of normal office hours)
• General office housekeeping including: post; ensuring the office has tea, coffee, milk, etc.; making sure rubbish and recycling bins are tidy and put out at the end of the day
• Arranging recycling
• Keeping store room clean and tidy
Auction Sale Administration
• Receipting and labelling incoming items
• Liaising with off-site storage company re: client collections/deliveries
• Hand-carrying errands
• Lotting up sales
• Manage client correspondence related to sales
• Assisting with set up and take down of pre-sale views
• Sale day tasks such as telephone bidding and clerking in auctions
• Checking in/out offsite sale kit
• Managing progress of post-sale client payments and collections
• Assisting specialists with preparations for catalogue layouts
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Mailing List Administration
• Adding new clients to mailing lists on database
• Taking details of clients at private views and updating client records to show attendance at events
• Working with specialists to send follow up emails to clients who attended private views and sales
- Lyon & Turnbull, 22 Connaught Street, London W2 2AF
Hours of work:
- Office hours 8.30 -5.30pm Monday to Friday. The nature of the post means that the post-holder will need to be able to be flexible, there will be busy times (including essential evening and weekend work) and quieter times.
- 28 days including statutory holidays, Christmas holiday closure in addition